Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two months ago I installed a new stereo into my 2003 CR-V and everythings been working great up until last week when I drove to the car inspection. The inspector 7guy plugged in one of those car codes system readers and after that my stereo, remote key fob, and automatic door interior light have all been dead. I can turn on the interior light manually, I can lock and unlock the doors with the car key but the central lock doesn't work. The central lock does however work if I turn on the car and lock the driver door by pressing the lock button on the door itself.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to even begin checking? I've checked and replaced the number 8 fuse in the dashboard fuse box and I've checked disconnecting the stereo, neither made any difference.

Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Everything in Moderation
8,200 Posts
Try disconnecting the battery ' - ' terminal for 15 minutes. Just before you reconnect, touch + and - together to dissipate any residual charge.

Post back with results.

This is a WAG (Wild A** Guess) but its worth a try. Other makes can suffer low voltage/electronic issues after OBD tools are connected and they are prematurely removed. Causes low voltage because certain systems don't go to 'sleep'.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try disconnecting the battery ' - ' terminal for 15 minutes. Just before you reconnect, touch + and - together to dissipate any residual charge.

Post back with results.

This is a WAG (Wild A** Guess) but its worth a try. Other makes can suffer low voltage/electronic issues after OBD tools are connected and they are prematurely removed. Causes low voltage because certain systems don't go to 'sleep'.
Thanks for the quick answer Carbuff2!

I tried disconnecting the battery for 15+ minutes, touching + and - together just before reconnecting the battery, but this sadly did not help :(

·
Registered
895 Posts
Check fuse number 9 in the fuse box under the hood. It covers pretty much all of your complaints. This screen shot is from an 05-06 manual. I dont think they changed any of that between the revisions.

Fuse.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks BDub! That did the trick. Don’t understand how I could’ve missed that fuse in the manual though...

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well, it is for the radio memory. But also all that other stuff. I got that out of the factory service manual. Glad you found it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts