Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Honda CR-V EX with 175,000 miles. I just found that this morning that the automatic gear shifter is loose after I release it from Park. I can still be able to shift to Drive, Neutral, and Park as before. Fortunately, I'm still able to drive. It is sturdy and tight as it should be at Park, but loose with the other gear selectors. I think it may be my brake is loose. What to do?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Your brake has nothing to do with it. If the shifter is loose feeling then bushings are likely worn out.

What to do, take it to a shop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
I too have a 2003 CR-V auto with ~174K miles and a loose shifter. My mechanic casually checked it out and indicated that the linkages seem sound and the functionality was fine but didn't want to disassemble the entire dash at this time unless it got to be worse. Did this ever get resolved? What was the fix? Many thanks for any advice. Brew

I have a 2003 Honda CR-V EX with 175,000 miles. I just found that this morning that the automatic gear shifter is loose after I release it from Park. I can still be able to shift to Drive, Neutral, and Park as before. Fortunately, I'm still able to drive. It is sturdy and tight as it should be at Park, but loose with the other gear selectors. I think it may be my brake is loose. What to do?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts