Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 crv has intermittent idle fluctuations when driving in the city. It usually sits at 900 rpm, which isn't too high, but 1 in 10 times I'm in and out of gear to park the idle increases and fluctuates around 1100-1500 rpm rapidly. The code p0505 (idle air code) is recorded when this happens. I had the intake smoke checked for vacuum leaks by a shop and was told there are no leaks. I replaced the IAC valve and performed an idle relearn. Still the same problem!

I found that the hose connecting the crank case to the air cleaner box was cracked badly and replaced this yesterday - could that have been the source of the problem? What should I do if this problem keeps occurring?Swap the TPS? Clean the PCV valve?

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Idle surge is vacuum leak or bad idle air control. If you bought a cheap IAC it could still be bad as the cheap ones are hit or miss if they are any good.

There is the stupid air bypass valve that's on the coolant tube right near the throttle body, check those hoses and try plugging the hose intake side and see what happens. The hose runs under the plastic cover.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2003 crv has intermittent idle fluctuations when driving in the city. It usually sits at 900 rpm, which isn't too high, but 1 in 10 times I'm in and out of gear to park the idle increases and fluctuates around 1100-1500 rpm rapidly. The code p0505 (idle air code) is recorded when this happens. I had the intake smoke checked for vacuum leaks by a shop and was told there are no leaks. I replaced the IAC valve and performed an idle relearn. Still the same problem!

I found that the hose connecting the crank case to the air cleaner box was cracked badly and replaced this yesterday - could that have been the source of the problem? What should I do if this problem keeps occurring?Swap the TPS? Clean the PCV valve?

Any help is much appreciated!
Any luck fixing this issue!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.