Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The older one had wrecked rubber, so I bought the part and asked my mechanic to replace it. Now i have an odd vibration at speeds above say 40mph. Don't notice it when accelerating, but can feel it through the seat and floor.

Could anyone help me diagnose what to do next?

50805-S9A-983 is the new part number

Edit: I should add that to install this new mount the battery needed to be removed, which messed up my idle (it bounces between 1500 and 2000rpm in P and N, and around 2000 in D. I resolved this same issue I had a few months back by just driving it and the ecu seemed to recalibrate it to normal. Unsure if related to current shake)

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
50805-S9A-983 is the new part number

Edit: I should add that to install this new mount the battery needed to be removed, which messed up my idle (it bounces between 1500 and 2000rpm in P and N, and around 2000 in D. I resolved this same issue I had a few months back by just driving it and the ecu seemed to recalibrate it to normal. Unsure if related to current shake)
You showed a Honda part number, so do you mean your part installed was a genuine Honda mount, or was it an aftermarket mount that replaces that Honda part number? Lots of problems with aftermarket mounts, especially the really cheap ones. I've had no more than decent results with Beck/Arnley mounts on a Hyundai and a Toyota, but still not as good as OE. You could also ask your mechanic to double check his work. Even the best mechanics when over-worked, tired, or in a hurry can forget to properly tighten one of the bolts sometimes. The mounts are usually supposed to have the bolts only loosely threaded, then lower the engine/transmission fully on the mount and then torque the bolt to specs. At least that's how I do mounts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi its this one

I believe it may not be oem. I will certainly take it back and ask the mech to take another look thanks. I'm guessing there is no "bed in" time on these mounts because of stiff rubber!

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
That is NOT a genuine Honda OE part. It says it's an "OE replacement", which is what I suspected, and that price you paid is too low for a genuine OE Honda mount. If you're hurting for money, you could try Beck/Arnley. I've heard some people have had vibration problems even with that brand, but it's worked OK for me. It's a crapshoot when you don't use OE parts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is NOT a genuine Honda OE part. It says it's an "OE replacement", which is what I suspected, and that price you paid is too low for a genuine OE Honda mount. If you're hurting for money, you could try Beck/Arnley. I've heard some people have had vibration problems even with that brand, but it's worked OK for me. It's a crapshoot when you don't use OE parts.
Gotcha. I'm on that now, but could youtell me how I can tell who the OEM of this part is?There are 10 plus manufacturers here and I dont know which to trust. I have the old mount here and as far as I can see there's no stamp, part number or logo on it at all.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I took out the mount, and I realized the new mount doesn't fit propertly. That's why the bushing area looks like it's in at an angle, the mechanic needed to use a prybar to get all three holes to align. The top on and one of the lower ones were ok but not the third. Can it be that the production of this part is so bad to be 1cm off?

I'm really surprised about that, I am going to have to buy a new one I think.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out the vibration was actually a deformed rear tyre, not the mount! Although it still does not fit exactly right and is bolted off-centre.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
451 Posts
as far as the erratic idle goes,disconnecting the battery and remove the throttle body and clean the IAC separate from the throttle body usually always fixes it,on the 05 and newer you can just clean the throttle plate and do an idle relearn,no IAC on the 05 and newer

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Glad to know it was the tire that was the main problem. Unfortunately I do not know who the OEM for Honda mounts is. Certainly not JPL, which seems to be a generic brand. The new mount should have the bolts lining up exactly with the OE mount, or if you can put the mount in position on the body without it being connected to the engine or transmission, the holes should line up as well as the OE mount. If not, you have an inferior brand, which is JPL in your case. If you really can't afford the genuine mount, I'd try Beck/Arnley, which is a "decent" product, or just leave your new one in there off-center if it doesn't display symptoms. If it's off-center I would think eventually it will start to rip/tear/crack because of the stress.

Let us know what you do with it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I left it off centre and it seems OK. Cos of Coronavirus I cannot return it even if I wanted to. But I also filled the old torn mount with black polyurethane,from a DIY store.

Been drying it for a week now, I'll leave it another week then fit it. Its not like I can drive anywhere anyway. There are tutorial videos on how to fill the mount with polyurethane on YouTube

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
Let us know how it goes.

Where I am we can still go wherever we need to go. Most stores and businesses are open, some with slightly limited hours, but nothing drastic. Like 8 AM to 8 PM instead of 6 AM to Midnight as an example. Only restaurants are closed for dine-in, but you can get take-out or drive through. Of course airline flights are limited, but I only usually fly once every two years on average, so it doesn't really affect me. It's doable so far. Just making sure to wash my hands very often and try not to touch my nose/mouth/eyes without washing first. My wife works at a school which has extended their spring break by 2-3 weeks (supposed to go back April 6). I'm still going to work as usual.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts