Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just purchased my first V, it’s a silver 2004 5 speed with 159k miles. I’m honestly not sure if this was leaking before I bought it because I never noticed it.. Every time I park, after a few hours there’s a small puddle of trans fluid coming from where the driveshaft for the rear diff. meets the trans, it looks to be the seal that’s leaking. I did take it semi-off road, just really light stuff and I figured it may have been sitting for a awhile because it’s from a dealer and is a recent revive/rebuild. I can’t seem to find any videos or information on repairing that rear seal, if it’s as easy as the front axles are, it will be a cake walk because I just drop the drive-shaft and I don’t even need to mess with suspension. I was just wondering IF ANYONE here has done this repair at home, I would rather not pay a lot for a very cheap rubber seal if that’s all I need. I’ll update with photos shortly. THANKS TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I just purchased my first V, it’s a silver 2004 5 speed with 159k miles. I’m honestly not sure if this was leaking before I bought it because I never noticed it.. Every time I park, after a few hours there’s a small puddle of trans fluid coming from where the driveshaft for the rear diff. meets the trans, it looks to be the seal that’s leaking. I did take it semi-off road, just really light stuff and I figured it may have been sitting for a awhile because it’s from a dealer and is a recent revive/rebuild. I can’t seem to find any videos or information on repairing that rear seal, if it’s as easy as the front axles are, it will be a cake walk because I just drop the drive-shaft and I don’t even need to mess with suspension. I was just wondering IF ANYONE here has done this repair at home, I would rather not pay a lot for a very cheap rubber seal if that’s all I need. I’ll update with photos shortly. THANKS TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE!
Thanks my dood. I got that seal replaced, fresh Honda fluids and it feels better, she’s pretty much solid now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts