Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2004 CRV- 140K.. Was fine the month I owned it- yesterday car will not go into gear. (any gear)-it's a 5 speed manual. I have read about bleeding the clutch fluid but I cannot find the bleeder screw- It does not make any noise but will not go into any gear......

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Find the clutch master cylinder. It's on the firewall and the clutch pedal connects to it.
Here's a diagram of the clutch system. The master cylinder is in the lower right. The slave cylinder is in the lower left.

The multiple pipes, some solid metal pipes and some flexible pipes, connect the master to the slave.
Follow the pipes around the engine bay to the clutch slave cylinder that's on the front of the transmission.

#3 in the parts diagram is the bleeder screw cap
#2 in the parts diagram is the bleeder screw

The system uses brake fluid, so use the same brake fluid type specified for your brakes.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,086 Posts
If the reservoir is empty, look for the leak. It could be at the clutch master itself, or down at the slave. I've had multiple master cylinder failures with aftermarket parts, so pay extra for OEM, you won't regret it.

To bleed the clutch hydraulics, it is easiest to remove the L shaped air inlet tube (the one that goes from the air filter housing to the throttle body) to provide access to the slave cylinder. Look straight down, you will see the bleed port.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts