Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2004 CR-V LX (I THINK it's an LX, anyway) with 2 wheel drive and about 140k miles on it. My check engine light has been on for several weeks now, despite replacing all 4 spark plugs (they are the iridium type). The code being generated is P0301 (1st cylinder misfire) according to Auto Zone. I read a thread elsewhere on this site saying that if replacing the sparkplugs doesn't correct the issue that the next step is to replace the "coils".

My knowledge of cars is pretty much limited to the above info, with the addition of the fact that my car is red. In other words, VERY limited.

My questions are what coils are being referred to? Ignition coils? How much should I expect to pay to have these replaced? The repairs are still under warranty at shop that replaced the sparkplugs, at least as far as labor goes, so it SHOULD just be the cost of the parts themselves...

In regards to when I had the sparkplugs replaced, the light did remain off for just under 2 weeks after that...

I would GREATLY appreciate anyone's thoughts on this as well as any suggestions as to what the next step should be.

Thanks!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,891 Posts
Yes, you may need an Ignition Coil. These range from ~$90 at a dealer to ~ $45 for a non-Honda aftermarket part.

Replacement should be quick and easy...30 minutes if that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts