Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. A few months ago my dash cup holder (the one where an ash tray would once have gone) jammed, and I ham-handedly ripped the retainers off it in the process of freeing it. I now want to repair it. First, can anyone give me the p/n for this item (just the part in the center that pulls out?) I'm seeing prices of ~$50 on-line for the entire assembly, which seems rather high. If I can't do better, I'll go to a local u-pull-it yard. My second question is what is the correct procedure to remove and install this part? (I seem to have the incorrect procedure pretty well covered :) Thanks for any help!

SAM

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Read through this. It will tell you how its supposed to be removed. Install is just reversed of that.

https://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/02CRVFRNTASH.pdf

If you ever wanted an ashtray there instead, I have an OEM accessory one Id part with. Its been installed but never used as an ashtray, was used for change storage and other small miscellaneous items. Have the light and witing that go with it too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for the part # of what you need, its #9 in this link but it differs if your interior is black or tan.

LINK REDACTED xxx.hondapartsnow.xom/parts-list/2004-honda-cr-v-5dr_ex_4wd-ka-4at/console.xtml

Best of luck with it.
Very useful information; just what I needed to know. Interior is black BTW. Regarding the pricing, WOW! ~$150 for both main pieces... Honda certainly is proud of their cupholder *rolleyes* Those numbers make the $50 for used parts on eBay look good. I'm headed to the yard for sure now! Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts