Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new to me 2004 CR-V EX was purchased with only one key and no keyless entry remotes. I would like to get some keys made so i dont have to pay $400+ if i lose the only one i own. What is the most cost effective way of doing this? Ive even seen machines on ebay (SBB V33) you can order that programs the rfid chip via the odb2.

On my mazda 6, you can only program remotes if you had one to begin with. Is this the same with honda's?

For anyone else who was in my shoes, what did you do and how much did it cost?

Thanks, Jimmy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Only a Honda dealer for a (chip)key made and a new remote. I think you will be disappointed, and ripped off by what you find on ebay. For a remote, you could install an aftermarket alarm system, but it will be more than a Honda remote. The alarm remote will lock/unlock the doors as well as turning the alarm on/off. With the aftermarket alarm remote, if you lose or damage it, a replacement will be under $100.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An aftermarket car alarm with keyless entry sounds like a good idea if it costs less than having a honda dealer's remotes/programming. As for keys, i'll try locksmiths and perhaps the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.