Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello. I have a newly acquired 2004 CR-V with 180k miles that is having a vibration issue. It’s noticeable regardless of engine temp, most prominent in drive or park and slightly less so in neutral. Gets worse with AC on. When revving the engine the vibration pulsates in “waves” in ratio to RPM’s and seems to go away over 2100 RPM or so. It’s also noticeable at freeway speed as a very faint wave of vibration through the steering wheel and whole car. So it’s not just an issue at idle, but most noticeable at idle. No CEL or anything else showing up when scanned. Car seems to have power and acceleration as it should. I’ve replaced the plugs, coils, air filter(all OEM stuff), and done an oil change/checked level. Engine doesn’t appear to be visibly vibrating but to the touch it’s felt. Thoughts? Motor mount? I don’t see any cracks in the rubber part of the mounts at least. Valve adjustment needed possibly?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,171 Posts
How many miles?

Motor mounts were certainly worth checking. But since you can sense it in neutral its probably engine, not drivetrain.

I'd go with a valve adjustment next. These engines benefit greatly with a check every 70K miles or so.(y) Set the exhausts at the loose end of specification.

Another 'no cost' service would be to clean the throttle body (and do an Idle Learn Procedure).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
180k miles.

I will do the valve adjustment next then and see how it does. I saw on Carfax they kept up with service intervals but no mention of valves anywhere so wouldn’t be a bad idea I guess. I’ll tear into the throttle body and do that sometime as well. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts