Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says. I have always been able to lock and unlock my doors but about a month ago the lock part of that hole process stopped. I lock my car by pulling to handle and locking it.

the only thing that i replaced was the fuse box and the multiplexor on it.

other than that everything else works.

the second one has me at a total loss.

I will get misfires only when the temp outside gets below 30 or so. other then that the car runs good no idel problems or shutters or high revs at all. just the light will come on and when i read the code it will say misfire most of the times its random. and all this only happens when the temp get 30 and below.

·
Administrator
3,347 Posts
I'm going to guess that it takes a while to start to. Betting your battery is about to die.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Just as the title says. I have always been able to lock and unlock my doors but about a month ago the lock part of that hole process stopped. I lock my car by pulling to handle and locking it.

the only thing that i replaced was the fuse box and the multiplexor on it.

other than that everything else works.

the second one has me at a total loss.

I will get misfires only when the temp outside gets below 30 or so. other then that the car runs good no idel problems or shutters or high revs at all. just the light will come on and when i read the code it will say misfire most of the times its random. and all this only happens when the temp get 30 and below.
It is very likely that one of the buttons on the door jamb is not working properly. This happened on my friend's 2000 CRV. You could lock it with the remote but not unlock it with the remote. I ended up shimming that one button (front passenger side) with a matchbook cover under it's flange and it worked just fine after that.
Not sure how I troubleshot it, but if you go door by door you will find it. Do any of your 'door open' lights stay lit when you are inside the vehicle and then use the door lock button to lock the CRV? I suppose you could leave one door open and then lock all doors and then go to the open door and physically hold that button in and see if the remote will then unlock the doors. Repeat until you find the problem door.
Cold temp misfires could be a weak coil or a weak, dirty or worn out sparkplug.
Does it run smooth after the original start in cold weather? You many even try to hold the accelerator about 1/8- 1/4 of the way down BEFORE turning the key to START when the temp gets cold and see if that helps. Of course you should release that accelerator pedal right after it starts.
Buffalo4
PS: I get that random misfire on my '03 Ody when the temps get down to 30 or colder with no noticeable idle or performance problems and haven't figured it out yet. I guess it could be the EGR passages need cleaning, valve clearances, etc Just make sure that you give the fuel pump around 3 sec to pressure up after you turn the switch to the ON position before turning it to START.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Battery is good starts right up.
Misfiring due to tune up needed. Good possibility haven't done dis cap in a couple of years and this summer I was going to do wires and plugs.

Door buttons. Can check tomorrow and see if all come on and off on dash like they should. Will have to wait for rain to stop to test one by one like you say.

Any other ideas. I heard there was a master switch in the driver's door that might be bad? Know what that's all about?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
2004 CRV doesnt have a distributor cap, rotor or plug wires.

Cold start misfire can be plugs, coils, injector or in need of a valve adjustment. Based on random misfires I would lean toward valves needing adjusted though plenty of other things can cause it.

Doors not working with the remote could also be the remote itself is bad, main switch in the drivers door controls most of the system and does happen that they fail.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2004 CRV doesnt have a distributor cap, rotor or plug wires.

Cold start misfire can be plugs, coils, injector or in need of a valve adjustment. Based on random misfires I would lean toward valves needing adjusted though plenty of other things can cause it.

Doors not working with the remote could also be the remote itself is bad, main switch in the drivers door controls most of the system and does happen that they fail.

Are you saying that switch that slides up and down controls the other locks. I would like to replace the lock that controls all of them i just dont know where it is located.

found out that the misfire only happens when the remote start doesnt start up on the first try. when it starts up on first try then it doesnt happen. but ill still send in the head to have the valve job done and reseated and have the head cleaned. couldnt hurt the life of the car. the plugs and coil packs ill due. injectors ill run sea foam to help clean out the whole system.

oh and all the door jam switches seem to be working right. and none of them is broken off.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Dude you are going way overboard.

Dont take the head off for a valve adjustment.

Tune up and cleaning should take care of the rest of the problems.

As for the door locks, you need to check all doors as explained by another post. Then check the drivers door controls

But now your telling us you have aftermarket equipment installed (remote start) which that could causing ALL of your problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude you are going way overboard.

Dont take the head off for a valve adjustment.

Tune up and cleaning should take care of the rest of the problems.

As for the door locks, you need to check all doors as explained by another post. Then check the drivers door controls

But now your telling us you have aftermarket equipment installed (remote start) which that could causing ALL of your problems.

175000 miles. going to do a timing chain this summer. thats why ill just have all the work done on the head.

as for the aftermarket it has been on there for a couple of years with no problems. these problems have only been going on a couple of months.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Nothing lasts forever. Just because it worked good for a couple years doesn't effect anything right now. Can be a bad wiring connection where the system was spliced in, part of the aftermarket system is now failing etc.

99.9% of aftermarket alarm/keyless systems are installed as quickly as possible, total hack job which never lasts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts