Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'08 CRV EX, White daughter's new ride......I just get to fill it up and maintain it.
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Location- Centereach, NY 11720

2004 Honda CRV EX, AWD, 253,000 needs transmission (3rd gear). Runs excellent, many newer parts, ice cold air conditioning. Check engine light is on it needs Catalytic converter and 02 sensor which I have and was getting ready to install. It had an accident over 10 years ago, right front fender is now fading. 02 sensors in pictures- 2344125 downstream is brand new sealed, 2349005 upstream is used, it was changed as part of trying to fix CEL but it is the CAT.

It was my kids car through high school and some college until the tranny issue, I had no issue with them driving it on trips to CT, MA, PA. I’m a car guy and considered it a reliable vehicle.

New parts in last 2 years- starter, alternator, power steering, brakes, winter tires (have about 3k on them), COMPLETE A/C system (compressor, condenser, evaporator, expansion valve, hoses), VTEC valve, motor mounts.
It starts right up, and I can drive it accordingly. 1st gear, 2nd gear, overdrive all work but slips in 3rd so could be driven to destination accordingly.

I would like to sell it to somebody that can repair transmission and use it OR wants / needs many good parts. I don’t want to get involved in dropping and replacing tranny at this point. Scrap value and selling the easily removed parts and returning new ones is over $1300 so no crazy low ball offers.

If I scrap it, I’ll entertain some quick easily removed other parts so send me what you might be interested in. It’s not going to hang around too long as I have enough other car projects that need to be done on the other daily drivers.

Also being posted locally on Craigslist, Letgo with out the easy part out option.

·
Registered
'08 CRV EX, White daughter's new ride......I just get to fill it up and maintain it.
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lots of views, no comments or requests for anything.

Scrapping is most likely it's future soon as the Craiglist / Letgo responses and hassles so far are interesting. 1 guy was pissed off over what I wanted giving a serious attitude and then wanted to sell me a tranny for it for $500 instead. :unsure: :rolleyes:(n)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nobody needs parts?

·
Registered
'04 CR-V EX AWD 5MT
8 Posts
A parts angel! I need a couple things if you are parting out? I'm in Michigan.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i sent you a PM

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need a drivers door panel, including switches if possible. Also my ‘04 is missing the trunk area floor panel.
JohnnyUtah- update your profile so it shows your location when you hover over the flag and year/model /trim. By name I say your in Utah bu that might be last name, dream vacation retirement etc. Door panel shipping as it's large/bulky might not be worth the shipping cost as opposed to finding local (or car-part, LKQ etc.) Floor panel? do you mean the picnic table that covers the tire/storage well or just the carpet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
JohnnyUtah- update your profile so it shows your location when you hover over the flag and year/model /trim. By name I say your in Utah bu that might be last name, dream vacation retirement etc. Door panel shipping as it's large/bulky might not be worth the shipping cost as opposed to finding local (or car-part, LKQ etc.) Floor panel? do you mean the picnic table that covers the tire/storage well or just the carpet?
Actually I’m in Iowa, yes I’m referring to the picnic table. I have the rubber mat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts