Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK HERE IT IS!

Just bought this 2 weeks ago and love it so far. Not new to honda's what so ever have had a 93 integra, 94 accord, 98 civic, and currently have a 2000 prelude.

Here is my CRV

And my summer toy:

And then went under extensive restore this summer:

All work was done by myself :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Thanks! so far i am loving it, i did have to replace the crank seal as it was pissing out oil! Other than that looks to be running amazingly!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ Thanks carid!
I have installed my double din Kenwood DDX 770 from my prelude into the V, until i find a unit with Nav

Current list of what i am looking for:
- Front bar/grill
- Running boards
- Front fogs

Also about to install a secondary truck horn haha with its own switch. Which will hardly get used but it is there in case its needed :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Congrats ! Hows the body since it is 11 yrs old ? no rust hopefully as we have to deal with so much salt here in toronto area.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!

Surprisingly there is no rust, there is a handful of little dings but not really noticeable. The body does have swirl marks all over it so I will be doing a light compound polish and wax on it to remove the swirls.

The rear bumper has a small crack on the corner so i will be looking for a replacement. Other than that the body is fairly mint.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Again!.

Did a headlight restore since mine were hazing.
Wet sanded and polished. (600, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 and then i used the simonize headlight polish)

Before

During:

Going to tackle the other side today.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually changed it up a bit and got better results, after the 2500 i used mcquires ultimate compound to get rid of the small lines and then went with the autoglym Super Resin Polish.

Came out much better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I actually changed it up a bit and got better results, after the 2500 i used mcquires ultimate compound to get rid of the small lines and then went with the autoglym Super Resin Polish.

Came out much better.
I did my passenger side a few months back but never got the same result as on your pic. I used only 1000 and a cheap wax. I'll try 2500 & i'll look for a better wax. Thanks for the tip.

BiGDaddY

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No Problem!

Don't do just 2500 as it will take forever!

If you do it in stages (Yes it is very time consuming took me almost an hour per side) the outcome is soo much better.

Wet sand every step of the way keep a bucket of water and all the sandpaper you need in the bucket soaking.

6-800 grit to start and get a smooth even coverage
2500 (gets rid of almost all of the lines)

Compound
Polish

Clear coat if you like.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts