Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got blessed with helping my Father-in-law with maintaining his CRV. Many searches on this forum over the years on fixing small issues. Thank you to all the members that posted fixes, pictures etc.

The hood support rod has been falling out for a couple years. The plastic grommet clip that retains the passenger side of the rod breaks with the heat.

I searched all many threads but found nothing. On the Odyclub.forums there was a thread about the same issue ad I posted there but wanted to share in case others have the same issue.

I don't know if it's the same size as for an Odyssey. My father-in-law has a 2004 CRV that the same thing happened.

I had in the garage from West Marine in wiring section. Ancor Vinyl Grommets. It says Hole size= 1/2" (12.7mm), Inside Dia 3/8 (9.5mm), Panel 1/16" (1.6mm)

Probably not exactly what is needed, I had to use a small flat tip to push the back part of grommet in better (so groove sat in space). The prop rod fit perfectly and is now nice and tight.

THANK YOU to those posting the idea of the rubber grommet.

Maybe it will help others as you have helped me.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Thanks for the info and a big welcome for joining the forum. It's information like this that helps, and now you know the roll of a son in law. Good luck.
David g. :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts