Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Greetings from Canada!

I am new here to CRV owners club and recently acquired two, 2004 Honda CRV (unsure of trim levels) 5 speed. One AWD drive train will be going into my 1999 hatch.
I am looking at doing some body damage around both rear wheel arches. Looks like good metal but previous owner hammered everything to clear a larger tire....ugh.
Will get pictures soon.

My question is: Does anyone know where I can find a repair panel?

I have searched everywhere I can think of. Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Everything in Moderation
8,154 Posts
WELCOME!

Gen2 CR-Vs don't usually develop rust at the rear arch, more likely at the forward edges of the FRONT arch. The entire side of the car is one pressing (from the front fenders, back).
Anyway, repair patch-panels that you can weld in don't seem to be readily available (but, ask at a body shop near you).

PS: '99 (Gen1) and '04 (Gen2) have different drive-trains and dimensions. Are you sure you know what you are getting into? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Carbuff2,

I live in Ontario, Canada we don't have cars without rust lol. This one is basically rust free, its just the last owner hammered in the wheel arch rather than buying a lift kit for a larger tire.....ugh.

I checked with my local auto parts store and they couldn't find anything either. Might just fabricate a tubular fender like a jeep.

The second drive train is going into a 1999 Honda civic cx (3dr) hatchback, sorry I wasn't very specific with that previous statement.

I will check with the local body shop here as well.

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts