Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 180k today. Two windows work intermittently and ac belt has been removed. Consistent oil changes.
Owner says they have had the car for 7 years and her teenage son drives it mostly as of late.
This worries me a bit but the price is right and I'm a pretty good diy mechanic.
Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
If the AC belt has been removed it means there's a significant problem with the AC system, that may cost several thousand dollars to fix.

Intermittent windows suggests a wiring issue, probably where wires pass from a door into the body. It was a somewhat common problem in 2001 and earlier CR-Vs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks she said ac compressor so I was thinking a few hundred not thousands?
Is the window wiring a complete pain or fairly easy to fix?

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks she said ac compressor so I was thinking a few hundred not thousands?
Is the window wiring a complete pain or fairly easy to fix?

thanks
The windows. It all depends. It could be the motor or the switch. Either one could be easy. What are they doing exactly?
How much are you paying for the car? 180K miles is not that bad but consider the A/C system might set up back a $1000 or so depending on what it is. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The windows. It all depends. It could be the motor or the switch. Either one could be easy. What are they doing exactly?
How much are you paying for the car? 180K miles is not that bad but consider the A/C system might set up back a $1000 or so depending on what it is. Good luck!
Windows won't always come back up so they don't use them. So maybe the relay/fuse just need cleaning.

She's asking $2k, clean body and title but I'm not sure if these cars last so long because of mellow drivers or they can handle a teenager driving it. : )

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Depends on how the compressor failed:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking at a 180k today. Two windows work intermittently and ac belt has been removed. Consistent oil changes.
Owner says they have had the car for 7 years and her teenage son drives it mostly as of late.
This worries me a bit but the price is right and I'm a pretty good diy mechanic.
Thanks for any input.
Is this an LX or EX.?For an LX in fair condition should be around $1800-$2200, for an EX in good condition it should be around $2300-3500. The big thing is the AC and those windows and the fact that a teenager was driving it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car was in pretty bad shape. Major oil leak all over undercarriage, grill was broken off and she miss labeled it as 4wd when it was 2 lol.
The search continues. Thanks for info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts