Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an 04 ex awd. Shortly after buying I have noticed a vibration issue that we narrowed to the driveshaft. I have removed the driveshaft until I can afford a new or rebuilt shaft in a couple of months but I have two questions.

1.)I have found a Dorman Shaft on rock auto.com with serviceable ujoints. The other option is the one most of u have posted about on this forum. Both are similarly priced at around three hundred dollars. But which would you guys suggest.

2.)Is there a cap or something I should put over where the driveshaft connects at both ends. If not is there any concern with it collecting moisture or dirt?

Thanks for any info and all suggestions.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,637 Posts
You don't need to put a cap over the u-joints. I would be concerned about them retaining moisture and making the joints seize even earlier!

As a preventative measure, I spray silicone into the joints to keep the rubber 'limber' while changing engine oil. Has worked for me, so far. (155K miles, 10 years)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right - I meant the bare metal on the transfer case and rear differential where the driveshaft was removed.

Also I still have a definate wobble from the front of the vehicle that is still there (and maybe even worse) after removing the driveshaft. It happens any time I am accelerating quickly but more notice pe between 40 and 50 mph. I would think it is tired but it only happens when accelerating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will definitely let you know. Found a broken sway bar end link.. Ordered both end links and bushings. Gonna go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts