Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a '04 EX 5MT recently that had some recent engine work (timing chain & tensioner replacement).

I'm trying to figure out where this ground wire is supposed to attach:

IMG_4616.jpg

This is on the right (passenger) side of the engine at the upper engine mount. The other end of the ground wire is attached to the body.

I have a 2002 Service Manual that suggests it attaches to the top of the adjacent engine mount (under the power steering fluid) at a threaded hole.
This engine mount has no such threaded hole (top or otherwise) that I can find.

Any suggestions from the community ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After comparing this engine mount bracket with the one fitting to a friend's '04, we've determined that this is not the correct bracket for a '04 CR-V. A new one is on-order, but what I want to know is: what other application (car/engine) uses this mounting bracket, and how did it get on this EX 5MT ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I can check mine as well since i have a 04 ex 5spd. But if that is bolted down to the chassis then i would assume the other end just mounts anywhere you can on the engine block.

Do you know if the engine was replaced?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, well -- According to our local (indy) shop, whoever had the engine out last (to repair a failed timing chain) put this bracket back on UPSIDE DOWN ! Who knew that it would even fit like that ? Dumb a$$es...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts