Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to us '04 EX 5MT with 187k miles, recent timing chain & tensioner replacement by the previous owner.

Driving at highway speeds (60+ mph) this afternoon set the MIL.

When I got home, Carista OBD2 reported:

OBD2 - confirmed:
P0325 - Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Bank 1 or Single Sensor

OBD2 - pending:
P1457

(and confirmed with my wired OBD2 scanner).

It looks to me like the P0325 is the easier of the two to start with.
Given the age & miles on the -V, replacing the knock sensor is reasonable.
I had a late '70s Audi 5000 that was notorious for its failed electrical connections (especially in the engine area).
What's the likelihood that this P0325 code is due to an open circuit at the connector ?

NW Ohio doesn't have emissions testing (yet), so the P1457 code can wait for a bit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turns out now to be a faulty engine ground -- whoever worked on this engine last didn't put the original right-side engine bracket (with the engine ground cable mount) back on the car, and left the ground cable unattached to the bracket. After fashioning an extension to the old ground cable & wrapping wire around the 12mm threaded stud (secured between a couple of 12mm washers & held in place with a 12mm nut), no more P03xx codes. Next up will be the P1457 code (and replacing the engine mount bracket).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out a previous shop put the upper-right engine bracket (back) in upside-down, so although it fit (due to symmetry about its long axis), the engine ground point was inaccessible & the bracket didn't sit quite right on the chassis engine mount. Unfortunately, I don't know what shop did this, otherwise I'd mention them here (somewhere in Michigan).

The P0325 code came back eventually: this turned out to be a failed knock sensor (at almost 188k miles).

The P1457 was the result of failed canister vent valve & fuel vent module (EVAP solenoid valve). Our local indy shop replaced the latter with kit 06172-S9A-305.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great when folks report back with the solutions to the problems. :D
Indeed - I sometimes wonder if those folks who posted issues and then drop off the radar are stranded and living in a box in some alley ;-)

But seriously, it helps others who may experience similar issues in the future to know the resolution. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '04 CRV threw 3 codes and P0325/P1457 was two of them. I replaced the evap shut off valve (I assume it's the same as the vent valve) with 17310-S5A-L31 $53.78). It wasn't too bad but I had to drop the whole canister for better access to the mounting bolts. I ended up drilling one out.

Good luck with the knock sensor (30530-PPL-A01 $76.10). It's a bear to get to but not impossible to do. My suggestion is to get on Amazon and buy a bunch of those 10mm and 8mm fender retaining clips as I broke pretty much all of them getting the plastic guard off and out.

The P0325 is off right now but my P1457 came back so I am trying to research what else it may be. I also replaced the gas cap while I was there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts