Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I posted a video on you tube with my issue. When I give my Honda CRV gas the RPM's only get to around 4K and then fall back/stutter. This only hapopens periodically. I can drive the car slowly and as long as I keep the RPM's low I can go as fast as I want. I just can't rev the engine. If you watch the video it will make sense if my explanation doesn't make sense. Thank you

http://youtu.be/BciwabAZBXQ

·
Registered
490 Posts
I would start with the check engine light, scan it and find out what codes are stored.
What he said. It sounds like its running fine.

Whats up with it bouncing off of a limiter like that? Are you doing that?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
It's in "limp" mode. Trying to prevent further damage to anything as the "check engine" lamp is on and it must be serious if the vehicle went into limp mode.

Go get the codes ran and find out why the light is on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's in "limp" mode. Trying to prevent further damage to anything as the "check engine" lamp is on and it must be serious if the vehicle went into limp mode.

Go get the codes ran and find out why the light is on.

Error p2647

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Error p2647. What do you mean bouncing off a limiter? If you mean the rpm needle that is my problem. Once it hits a certain level the RPMs cut out. Thx

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Problem fixed

Replaced the V-tech spool valve assembly. Bought the part on ebay for about $100 (My dealer wanted $300 ish - what a joke).

Here is the Honda part # 15810-RAA-A03

Probably took me an hour to put it in. Had to break a couple plastic clips/straps that were holding cables to the spool valve. This is normal! The replacement straps are at the dealer for a buck or two or they will likely even just give them to you for free. There are 3 bolts holding on the spool valve assembly and you pretty much have to either get up on your knees and kneel on your engine and reach behind with your ratchet and unscrew the 3 bolts by feel as you can not really see them unless you have a mirror. Alternatively, you can take off your passenger tire and sort of get at it through the side. Both methods are tough but for me being fairly nimble it was easier for me to kneel on the top of my motor and reach back behind and do everything but it was still a pain in the butt. Anyhow, an hours work and about $100 later problem fixed. Dealer wanted something like $500 or $600 to fix it -what a joke!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts