Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 EX was throwing errors for idle. I tried to fix the sensor, but it just was not to be.

So, I replaced it, reset codes, and checked plugs. Even warm it is still idling at 1.4k rpms, which is still too high.

Is there something I need to do after replacing it? Does it just need time to realize it is a new sensor?

Thanks!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,133 Posts
Do the idle learn procedure
I forgot to do it one time, and even after a WEEK (several hundred miles) the idle was too high. :mad:

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
if the relearn dont work it must be a vacuum leak check the cold idle vacuum line that goes to the air intake boot,pcv hose and intake throttle body gasket usually you can hear a loud whistle noise,also brake booster is possible but usually will have a hard brake pedal ,sometimes taking the air intake boot off the throttle body and partially covering the throttle body with your hand while engine running will drop the idle and make the vacuum leak loud enough to locate,if you can watch live data the fuel trims will go negative when propane or carbclean is sucked into the leak but can be dangerous if not carefully done

·
Registered
102 Posts
the idle relearn procedure is jsut for a technician who doesnt want to drive the car. if u jsut drive the car, it always constantly learns the idle. there is no need for any special procedure. its in the operation manula for techs who arent able to test drive the vehicle for whatever reason.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,133 Posts
if u just drive the car, it always constantly learns the idle.
The car might learn on its own, might not.

The one time I forgot to do it after cleaning the throttle body, I had an erratic/high idle for a WEEK (300 miles), so I finally got fed up and did the ILP.

It is an easy thing to do, so worth it.

If it doesn't work in the OP's case, he would know right away if further troubleshooting is required.

BTW, one time after removing the air intake 'elbow', I forgot to hook up one electrical connection. :rolleyes: :giggle:

Another thing to check on Gen2 is that the rubber elbow (between TB and air filter housing) isn't damaged. They can become subtly cracked at a rib, and that will create a varying idle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts