Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 awd crv with 240,000 miles. Around 5,000 miles ago the I was getting misfire and knock sensor codes. I adjusted the valves and the car is running much better, all the misfire codes went away. The knock sensor code 0325 came back eventually so i decided to replace the knock sensor. The code will periodically come back and go away.

I have tested the wire for continuity from the sensor to the ecm and it is fine, also replaced the battery. What could cause this code?

·
Registered
895 Posts
How are the engine mounts doing? Could have a trashed one that is banging around. Is that the only code that comes up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how the mounts are doing, probably never been replaced. That is the only code that is coming up. I also had replaced the knock sensor with a "cheaper" alternative. It was $10 off of ebay, rather than the $80 oem replacement.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
You bought a cheap part off eBay, you answered your own problems. Pretty much the problem with every single DIY person that buys new parts and the issues return in short order. They bought a cheap Chinese garbage part off eBay and the like.

Put a proper part in there and code will likely disappear and will run better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You bought a cheap part off eBay, you answered your own problems. Pretty much the problem with every single DIY person that buys new parts and the issues return in short order. They bought a cheap Chinese garbage part off eBay and the like.

Put a proper part in there and code will likely disappear and will run better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It was actually a Knock Sensor Kit that i bought. I had to assemble it myself. It came with instructions and just enough super glue to put it all together. You're saying i should have bought a quality oem part?

·
Registered
895 Posts
It was actually a Knock Sensor Kit that i bought. I had to assemble it myself. It came with instructions and just enough super glue to put it all together. You're saying i should have bought a quality oem part?
Absolutely. I wasn’t even aware there were such things as “kit” sensors. As much of a pain as it is to get to them, the more expensive OE sensor would have been worth the cost just to only have to do it once.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was just kidding. I'm aware that trying to save a buck is probably biting me in the ass now. Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts