Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the the brakes and calipers and it's making a loud whirring noise from back right wheel still. I also noticed the other day a clunking sound coming back right wheel and today when I was in reverse there was a knocking noise while it was moving. Also the vehicle feels like it's running against a headwind sometimes. Fear diff and wheel bearing is my guess and a possible broken strut? Any ideas. Thanks

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
Check the backing plates...might be bent, corroded, or rubbing on the rotor.

If you replaced the rear rotors be aware that some aftermarket brands don't properly fit some Gen2s, they are too wide. There is a recent Topic about that.

Did the new pads fit 'falling out loose' in their SS holders? You might have corrosion under the SS which could bind the pads. Or, aftermarket pad backing plates need to be filed for a loose fit.

EDIT: Here's the post about aftermarket rotors:

http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/19-maintenance-service/137122-bad-aftermarket-rear-rotors.html

+++++++++++

Diffs cause a MOAN during the first tight turn of a drive, audible at parking lot speeds.

Wheel bearings HUM and increase in volume on curves, at around 25 - 40 MPH.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check the rotors, I purchased a new wheel bearing for the tire as well and I noticed in that thread that you posted that sometimes those aftermarket rotors don't fit well either! Do you have any suggestions as to what that knocking noise may be? Something has been rattling back there and today when I was driving in reverse there was a loud knocking noise.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
Difficult to troubleshoot noises over the Internet. :( Often even video clips don't help...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts