Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is high time to replce the bouncy rear shocks in my 2004 EX. Last year I hauled some heavy stuff home from Lowe's and it totally finished them off. I have never been one to replace springs but since I probably grossly overloaded the poor thing maybe it would be a good idea? The CR-V has 122k miles and this will be the first shock/ strut replacement.

I have noticed some Moog springs for $60 per pair. Are these as good as OEM?

I plan on using KYB shocks and struts. Any advice?

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
57 Posts
Either KYB or bilstein shocks would be my recommendation. About the coil spring OEM would still be best. I bought a bilstein combo with oem shocks with 4 Wheel Online, the ride comfort was superb.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It is high time to replce the bouncy rear shocks in my 2004 EX. Last year I hauled some heavy stuff home from Lowe's and it totally finished them off. I have never been one to replace springs but since I probably grossly overloaded the poor thing maybe it would be a good idea? The CR-V has 122k miles and this will be the first shock/ strut replacement.

I have noticed some Moog springs for $60 per pair. Are these as good as OEM?

I plan on using KYB shocks and struts. Any advice?

Thanks

Jon

My 2006 is just shy of 125,000 and the struts feel like they need replacement. What did you end up doing and how has it worked out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts