Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
You can't just remove the balance shafts, that assembly is also the oil pump. You would have to research installing an oil pump from a 2.0L version engine but that will not help vibrations.

If you used overly cheap parts in the build that isn't going to be helpful at all.

Timing itself would trigger a check engine light if it's off at all. Balance shafts/oil pump timing won't however.

The transmission can cause issues and judging by what was wrong with the engine it's likely the transmission took damage as well. To do what he did he was racing the engine pretty hard when it came apart. Just slapping random parts together doesn't always play out well.

Parts are not cross compatible between different versions of the 2.4L which may also be part of your issues.

Flywheel, main pulley on the crankshaft are another couple of options for vibrations.

But a throaty sound when trying to rev engine along with a bad vibration sounds more like there is a misfire on one of the cylinders

Without hearing/seeing the issues it's hard to say. I would make sure you have proper compression on all cylinders, coils and plugs are good, fuel injectors are working etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Glad you got it all worked out, congrats.

Vibration at higher rpm is a runability issue. Plugs, coils, injectors etc. Something isn't operating as smoothly as it should.

But too it's a rebuild so give it a bit of use first. The computer does need time to relearn parameters for the new engine. May smooth out after a few days of driving.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Depends on the metal bits. If its more or less like glitter I wouldn't worry about it. If it's just a couple pieces slightly larger can simply be from the rebuild.

I wouldnt worry about anything you find in the oil filter. Now if you find noticeable metal bits when you drain the oil from the pan then be concerned.

FYI when rebuilding these engines the crank bearings are very specific and have to be matched to the crank. If that wasn't done they won't list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts