Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My first post so please go easy on me.

I have a Diesel 2.2 litre 5 Speed Manual with a weird vibration issue.

With just me in the car everything is good except when accelerating hard when there's a shuddering from the car, hard to tell exactly where it's from but it's not coming through the steering wheel. With a full load in the car the vibration is there even when lightly accelerating but not there when just cruising.
Steering does not effect the frequency or amount of the vibration.

I don't know the history of the car, I've had it since 2014, but I don't think it's been too well cared for so it could be fluids, joints or any number of things.

I've had various theories thrown at me like clutch, Front inner CV, and front differential, all of which are expensive fixes just to do on the off chance that one might fix it !

I'm hoping someone can help me get to the bottom of this. I have a 1990 Prelude and have had brilliant help and support from the Honda Prelude fans on their website so I know I'm in the right place.

I probably haven'y explained the problem very well so if there's something I've omitted please let me know.

Thanks

Ken

·
Everything in Moderation
7,632 Posts
You don't mention how many miles on the vehicle???

Could be a CV joint (usually cheaper to replace the whole axle, but some aftermarket parts don't last long). If your car is AWD, could be a propshaft U-joint, also.

Check the transmission mounts, there was a TSB about the positioning of one that could cause you to sense an issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If Im understanding correctly youre referring to weight loaded into the vehicle and the problem changing. Might want to peak under the vehicle and see whats going on.

Example: I hit the exhaust tip hard enough to shift the muffler forward causing it to rub onto my sway bar. It caused an awful noise when the car was cold and put into gear with the brakes applied.

Might be something odd like that, or as mentioned above a mount or joint. Weirder things have happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts