Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi

I am a new member (Uppsala, Sweden) with a beautiful 2005 grey moss metallic CR-V, bought 2 weeks ago. 150 000 km, but apparently very well kept. Manual gearbox; 2.0 L petrol engine. Only one previous owner, who did all the scheduled services. Oil in differential last changed at 140 000 km, last valve adjustment at 120 000 km.

Had to send my 1987 SAAB 90 to the junkyard, after owning it for 10 years. Front weels about to fall off due to rust (expected after 27 winters....). For replacement I first found a 2003 Toyota RAV4, but it turned out to leak oil at the dealer. Then understood from numerous reviews that a CR-V would be more comfortable, more spacy, better turning radius, possibly better gas mileage, etc., and suit me better. Very nice to drive the Honda, and everything works well. First car I own that has power steering !!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini SUV Honda

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, I AM LEGEND.

I am thinking about later having the exterior reconditioned by a professional, when needed (once a year?). I know nothing about rubbing, claying, waxing, paint sealing and all that. But I know that there is a waxing forum here at CR-V OC. I like the color, but blue would have been even better.
I can add that I am happy to get a 2005:er. Important updates were made for the 2005 model. Like improved 4WD control. Probably also anti-spin and anti-roll became standard in 2005. My car is also equipped with electric engine heater and an electric socket for a cabin heater. And a removable hook for towing (I do not know what that is called in english). EDIT: I mean hook for pulling, not towing.

Forgot also to write that it is my first car with AC/climate control (!), and that 150 000 km is 94 000 miles.

·
Registered
336 Posts
In Canada, people will apply wax or sealant before and after winter. wax or sealant before to create a protective barrier against the salt and whatever else is put on the ground. Then wax or sealant after to remove all the salt you collected, plus the wax and sealant would have worn off by then. As for polishing, that can be done maybe once a year depending on your paint condition.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holiday trip in May 2016. Taped windows due to nigh-time burglary. I was glad the windscreen and front side windows were not smashed, so I could continue driving.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Honda cr-v

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.