Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I just bought a morimoto h1 kit from retrofit source, and im having some trouble here

the HID bulb does not fit into the hole in the headlight where the OEM bulb was

also the OEM bulb uses a plastic base to lock into the metal retaining clip, which the HID bulb cannot utilize, how do I get around this?

and please dont answer with do a projector retrofit, thanks

HID bulb

OEM bulb in plastic base

bulb opening in headlight

·
Registered
64 Posts
looks like you got sent the wrong kit, If possible trim the plastic/rubber piece to make it fix
Youre Q is unclear to me.
Are you doing a projector retrofit? (Bec you mentioned morimoto h1 kit)
If not, then the answer is you might have the wrong bulb. It should be an H4 if you have hi/low on a single bulb (on your halogens) else get the right hid bulb (possible an hb4 or 9006 iirc).

HTH

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Youre Q is unclear to me.
Are you doing a projector retrofit? (Bec you mentioned morimoto h1 kit)
If not, then the answer is you might have the wrong bulb. It should be an H4 if you have hi/low on a single bulb (on your halogens) else get the right hid bulb (possible an hb4 or 9006 iirc).

HTH

Sent from my G9208SS using Tapatalk
there is a separate bulb for high beams

·
Registered
64 Posts
great, then you probably got an h1 bulb with your kit. you should get the 9005 or 9006 HID bulb because that's what will have the same shape and most everything as your halogen bulb.

else, judgin by your pic you should probably have gotten a base with the HID bulb that looks similar to the halogen plastic base.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts