Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 CRV hood release cable is broken and I cannot open the hood. I understand I can access the latch from underneath with some luck/skill. Does anyone have some photos of the latch mechanism of a Gen 2 CRV so I can get my bearings on what I'm looking at from under the car?

thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
latch aasy..jpg Here is a pic of the latch assembly. You will need to pull on the blue ended cable to release the hood latch. I did this on a 2002 and I could not get to the cable without removing the splash shield on the bottom of the car as well as the bumper cover -- A real pain in the butt. Also, when installing the new cable be sure the cable is secure in the slot that it sits in the latch assy. before closing the hood or you will need to reach under again to open the hood. Note: pull on the hood release after installing the new cable to see if it "Springs" back -- if it does then you are probably ok. You can see in the second picture that with the shield off-- the latch is exposed from the bottom but it is going to require a long arm to reach it. I gave up and just pulled the bumper cover off

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Literally I just took a long prybar and luckily all that happened was my hood release slid out of the little area that is supposed to be clipped into and then I use the prybar to very gently push it back over into that area pull the hood then secure it with a tie strap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts