Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

The power door lock switch on my driver's side door doesn't unlock the door when I push up on it. I googled the problem and replaced the drivers side door lock actuator, but the problem still exists. The remote key fob works fine, the key in the cylinder locks/unlocks the car fine, and the power door lock switch locks the car just fine when I press down on it. All fuses are also ok. Only the power door lock switch doesn't unlock when I press up on it.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?
I tested the power door lock switch from the passenger side on the driver's side plug, same issue, so I don't think it is the switch itself. That's why I thought it was the driver's door lock actuator, but a new one hasn't solved it.

Am I down to an electrical/wiring issue? Or is there a problem with the complete door lock assembly, not just the actuator?
Really annoying and want to fix it without having to go to the stealership...............Canadian CR-V here with 230km and going strong

Thanks for any info. or help!

·
Registered
895 Posts
You need to trace that wire for the lock side of that switch. Its probably either broken or disconnected somewhere.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Before doing this procedure you'll need to have the radio codes handy. As this procedure will erase the radio codes. Read this next statement carefully. Take out both battery terminals. Be sure that they are not touching ANY of the Battery post. While BOTH terminals are out of the Batt post, short the 2 terminals WITHOUT involving the batter for 10 seconds this will Do A System Wide RESET. Then hook the 2 terminals to their proper respective POSTS. Then try the windows this should fix your problem. Let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

I just tried it now but it didn't work. Took the battery right out to be able to have the slack to touch the two terminals together and also inspected both negative ground points, which appeared ok. Not sure what's left, just a broken wire somewhere? Is there a controller unit for the power door locks? Like a multiplexer or something?

Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
895 Posts
You've already checked the switch. Check the wiring and you'll most likely find your problem.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Try this , Open the drivers door all the way open then try to unlock it by pressing the unlock switch see if it operates, then if it still does not open close the door a bit then try it again, then do it again with the door in a different position, it could be a break where the door & the body meets. I have seen this happen many times in other vehicle. Let us know.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'll try to post a picture of the wiring diagram for that if I get a minute or two of free time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts