Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about two weeks ago a mechanic exchanged our starter because it was making a weird ignition sound, he got rid of that but when we brought it home the D light started flashing and the car would start shifting hard when changing gears.
Took it back to him to have him check it out, after some seeing the codes he said the A solenoid was bad, we switched that one but still nothing. Ended up changing the B and C underneath and still nothing.
The car is drivable, I drove it for about half an hour and if I stay at one speed it runs smooth but it's just the shifting when changing gears and when accelerating gears it seems. Anyone have any idea what could have happened? The car was running fine before we swapped the starter. I just took it to autozone and got these codes which all seem to be transmission related. I appreciate any help thanks alot guys ^^

P0135 HO2S SI HEATER CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION

P0141 HO2S B1 S2 HEATER CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION

P0962 CVT SPEED CHANGE CONTROL VALVE CIRCUIT LOW

P0970 CVT START CLUTCH PRESSURE CONTROL VALVE CIRCUIT LOW

P1731 SHIFT MALFUNCTION C
P0780 SHIFT MALFUNCTION

P0325 KNOCK SENSOR CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,511 Posts
The first two codes are NOT trans codes.

Is it possible that a wire connection to the oxygen sensor was damaged during the starter repair? That might put the car into a 'limp mode'.

The same for the trans shift control solenoid codes. A Google found a comprehensive troubleshooting guide (sounds like a reprint from the Honda shop manual)

++++++
Of course, we need to ask you how old the transmission fluid is...AND the fluid needs to be Honda DW-1.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first two codes are NOT trans codes.

Is it possible that a wire connection to the oxygen sensor was damaged during the starter repair? That might put the car into a 'limp mode'.

The same for the trans shift control solenoid codes. A Google found a comprehensive troubleshooting guide (sounds like a reprint from the Honda shop manual)

++++++
Of course, we need to ask you how old the transmission fluid is...AND the fluid needs to be Honda DW-1.

Ah yeah sorry the first two are sensors that were damaged when my catalytic converter was stolen. The transmission fluid was replaced at the mechanic but he did mention there was residue all over the trans cap and entrance.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Need to.clear the codes and drive it again
The O2 codes should NOT be there anymore if things were repaired from converter being stolen. They should have been cleared at time of repair.

You have a lot of codes that tells me there is chance of a wiring issue. Ground wire or something that may be was left off or loose when mechanic replaced the starter.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need to.clear the codes and drive it again
The O2 codes should NOT be there anymore if things were repaired from converter being stolen. They should have been cleared at time of repair.

You have a lot of codes that tells me there is chance of a wiring issue. Ground wire or something that may be was left off or loose when mechanic replaced the starter.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yeah I just need to buy the sensors because they were damaged

But could just a wire or sensor be causing these intense shifts? I replaced the transmission fluid once already with dw1 maybe I should do another?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,511 Posts
I replaced the transmission fluid once already with dw1 maybe I should do another?
If the first replacement did not affect shift quality, no need to try again.

To paraphrase Albert Einstein: "Insanity = Doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results" 😁

Get the wiring and sensors sorted, and post back.

PS: Ask for OEM Honda sensors, not aftermarket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts