Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,107 Posts
Our '06 (purchased new) has 3 holding the spare.

I'd suggest getting two more. You can probably use the nuts from any Honda that came with alloy wheels. (Our old Fit's lug nuts appeared to be the same as our '06 and our previous '99 Acura)

·
Registered
2006 CRV EX
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Mine only has one lug bolt....its not just the nuts that I need. I'm guessing I would have to get lugs and do some drilling and welding???? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Or maybe just get a new mount unit from the salvage yard.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,107 Posts
Hmmm, in that case you would need the stud. Yes, Might be easier to get the mounting bracket from a junkyard (#2) as there doesn't seem to be a separate part # for the studs!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,107 Posts
The actual wheel studs are cheap (less than $2 ea) from a dealer. You would need to remove the bracket and hammer 'em in! (Good therapy) :giggle:

90113-S84-90120 BOLT, WHEEL (ROCKNEL FASTENER)

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
******* way: Just drill through the busted-off bolts with a 3/8" (I think) drill and insert the bolts from behind. Maybe glue them in place. Those are likely metric threads, but I bet a local hardware store will have some. Take a lug nut with you to test.

Proper way: remove the mount and try to pound them out, if they are a press-fit design. If they're welded in, use the ******* way, or get a new mount.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.