Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope everyone is having a good day.
Got a small problem with my Dads CRV. He lives on some rural property, and mice got into the car and kept bringing into acorns and etc. Finally got rid of the mice but before we did so, from what I can see in there they either chewed part of the Air Recirculation Linkage, or they got something stuck in there until it broke (as we had heard a clicking sound every time we started the car for about a week before I had the time to look at it).
Either way I need to replace the air recirculation linkage. I can find the Recirculation Control Motors on different sites, but I can't seem to find the linkage that goes from the motor over to the door that allows outside air in anywhere. Anyone have any ideas of where I can find this? Or maybe I'm looking up the wrong "term"??

Just looking under the dash... and I did remove on bracket... its looks like this is going to be a headache to get into it and remove and reinstall.... ?

Lastly.... anyone happen to know common places where mice can enter?? I pulled the cabin air filters which I just replaced maybe a year ago, and they were literally full of mice :poop::poop::poop::poop: But the mice had not chewed through the filters or anything. So not sure how they were getting into the rest of the car, as they have been in the glove box, rear spare time compartment, etc storing acorns and nest material everywhere (and under the hood as well) which he kept having to clean out and remove. He finally started setting mouse traps in the car to catch them, it was the only way to get rid of them. Caught two, seems to have been just one pair, as he hasn't caught anymore and no more acorns have appeared... ?

In any case, any help or input would be Much Appreciated!
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Go buy a roll of Honda Rodent tape and wrap away!
We dont have mice/rats but we do have a $hitload of chipmunks and buddy is a honda mechanic so he grabbed me a roll for the harnesses that people have been bringing in chewed up!

your parts dept should have it available.
If you were local i’d give you the rest of mine lol

peppermint oil is deterrant also and make sure you disinfect it after you clean that... inhaling rat feces is NOT GOOD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go buy a roll of Honda Rodent tape and wrap away!
We dont have mice/rats but we do have a $hitload of chipmunks and buddy is a honda mechanic so he grabbed me a roll for the harnesses that people have been bringing in chewed up!

your parts dept should have it available.
If you were local i’d give you the rest of mine lol

peppermint oil is deterrant also and make sure you disinfect it after you clean that... inhaling rat feces is NOT GOOD
Hi BoostedV! Thanks for the reply. Yeah, my Mom actually put Peppermint Oil as well as dried Mint plant inside the car and in the spare tire area in the trunk, but it didn't seem to phase them much. They just didn't build another nest in the spare tire area.
As far as the Rodent Wrap, what would I wrap? The Wiring harness? Haven't see where they chewed on that anywhere in the engine bay, at least that I can find. Although they filled the hood with acorns... Who knows though up under the dash area and etc. As everything else seems to be working :rolleyes:
The only damage I can really find that they did was breaking the linkage to the air "circulation" outside air vent doors.

And YES rat feces is bad... I am going to try to clean everything as much as possible, and replace the cabin air filters again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts