Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I can provide more information soon, but I just installed a Sony XAV-AX5000 in my 2005 CRV with only a few complications, but the main thing I've noticed is that my turn signals are no longer working; no noise, no indicator on the dashboard, and no turn signals themselves, obviously. The bulbs on the heater control also are out; I saw the stickied thread about the control bulbs, but before I open it up to replace the bulb, I figured I'd check to make sure it's not just a fuse issue. The turn signal fuse (a 7.5, third from the right in the middle row, I think) appears to be intact, but I haven't hit it with a tester yet.

Basically, does anyone know what fuses I should check before I start digging deeper into bulbs/replacing equipment? Do those two items going out make sense together, or did I screw something up royally?

Thanks!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Most likely the stuff didn’t get plugged back in. You have to disconnect all that to get the dash apart. If the hazard switch isn’t plugged in, turn signals don’t work.

·
1,938 Posts
Don't check just the one fuse. Check all of them - every fuse and relay in the car, including the ones under the hood. You just did the equivalent of a heart transplant in the dash, so anything is possible. Once done and that didn't solve it, you'll likely have to pull it all back out and go over everything. If you changed anything to adapt the steering wheel controls, that is suspect. Barring that, it could be that two wires are just switched somewhere. Bad instructions or a mistake or a bad connection. Then check the connector plugs for pushed-back pins. That gremlin's in there somewhere, you just have to outsmart it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most likely the stuff didn’t get plugged back in. You have to disconnect all that to get the dash apart. If the hazard switch isn’t plugged in, turn signals don’t work.
I agree. Check and make sure you plugged back in the hazard button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts