Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK , Newbie here just joined, (this forum). Recently picked up this 05 with shift problems. Doing everything related to all the normal posts. Won't shift, drops out of gear, normal codes related, hydraulic pressure, and shifter solenoids. Previous owner had taken it to shop, they drained and refilled tranny 3 times. I had the shifter codes. Just pulled the solenoid dual B, checked screens, replaced with a rebuilt, no difference. Checked fluid carefully, seems fine and clean. Bench tested both, the old solenoid, and the new.... both check out and work fine.
Also replaced the inline filter as well. .... Confused.... codes say solenoids, there fine. What else should I be checking? Could it be a pressure switch? Car is pretty clean, with 165K on it.
Have family coming in to use the vehicle, really thought this was straight forward, based on ALL the solenoid posts, and codes.
Any help appreciated
Aloha

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just cleared everything, and still have the problem, and still getting the code P7068
" stuck or malfunctioning shift solenoid B" . Since both solenoids were checked and functioning properly, am now wondering how I can keep getting the same code. Did. remove the battery for and hour and then reset everything. ???

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The malfunction codes don't necessarily mean a solenoid or sensor is bad--it means that anything beyond the car's ECU for that circuit is malfunctioning. So in other words, it could be a problem in the wiring going to that solenoid. The error codes only tell us that the ECU is expecting a certain value from a sensor or solenoid and yet it is not getting the expected value.

But the problem, too, is that if you have more than a few codes for the same component (transmission, for instance), a problem with one part could be throwing off the function of other parts and cause multiple codes. The service manual has a procedure for checking each error code, and it will refer you to check other components and error codes before assuming it's that particular one.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
It's very possible and rather common that the transmission wasnt properly maintained so the internal filter is plugged. Nothing you can do if this is the case.

Truthfully this isnt something that DIY people should be messing with. Already wasting money and can cause far more problems than you will ever fix. Transmissions are far more complex than an engine and not something that can be diagnosed or fixed at home for 99% of issues.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts