Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've created a sturdy/fixed parcel shelf in the rear for storing kit, as the area is under the existing rear light I was hoping to splice a new light into the exhisting wiring so this came on the same time as the door is opened.

Rather than rip the roof lining down do you think the wiring will be inside the rear interior side panel close to where the door catch is, and does anyone know what colour wire it is

I could just use the rear socket but want the light to be on without the ignition key in whilst I unload

Cheers

·
Everything in Moderation
8,155 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to go to that trouble these days. :LOL:

How about a battery operated, switched light that can stick to the side of the cargo area, or under the parcel shelf?
Here's just one of the many items available (I'm sure you could find something locally):
https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Operated-Anywhere-Basements-Hallways/dp/B075VLYM6M/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3BHEMR1KK96ED&keywords=led+light+for+closet+battery+operated&qid=1581596728&sprefix=led+light+for+closet,aps,148&sr=8-8
View attachment 137576
Excellent, so that's the answer to the thread...'Anyone know where I can get battery powered lights for my cargo area?'

If you don't have the answer to the question please don't resond! :whistle:

·
Everything in Moderation
8,155 Posts
Sorry, I just thought the battery light would be workable solution for you, no wiring needed. The existing light would provide enough light to 'see' the battery auxiliary lamp, and then you could switch it on the see your stuff on the lower level.

So if you really need a light source that switches on with the tailgate overhead, hopefully someone knows. Never seen that question asked before, though. :)

Peace.

·
2,198 Posts
I would just pull the side panel, located main plugs, get out my 12v test light, find a wire that is hot when key is off, and tap into that. You could then get an aftermarket dome light fixture to use for the light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts