Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daughter made a quick turn around from college for job interview. I have her car for 24 hours and the ac fan and radiator fans are not operating. I swapped relays and checked fuses under hood, no help. I'm going to check power at relays and jumper fans with power, but I'm having trouble finding the wiring diagram for this problem. I "think" that it may be a ECT switch but can't find location on it to jumper plug. Neither fan runs when ign switch is on and AC selected. Also tried to find a control fuse in cabin for fan relays, I didn't see it called out anywhere. Anyone have a wiring diagram for this model?

·
Registered
895 Posts
I’ve got you. I’ll post one up when I get home this evening.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Did you actually turn the AC on and check to see if the fan itself turned on? As in AC light on, fan on etc in the climate control?

What made you see a problem with the fans? Is it overheating?

I ask because the cooling fan doesn't come on often if at all when running around town or just idling. K24s are really efficient at keeping themselves cooks

And to check fans you can pull the relay and simply jumper there. All a relay is, an on off switch. Connect power at on side, it charges an electromagnetic and flips the switch connecting the circuit. The sides of the relays show which pins do what. Jump the in and out pins and fan will turn on if their working ok.

Daughter made a quick turn around from college for job interview. I have her car for 24 hours and the ac fan and radiator fans are not operating. I swapped relays and checked fuses under hood, no help. I'm going to check power at relays and jumper fans with power, but I'm having trouble finding the wiring diagram for this problem. I "think" that it may be a ECT switch but can't find location on it to jumper plug. Neither fan runs when ign switch is on and AC selected. Also tried to find a control fuse in cabin for fan relays, I didn't see it called out anywhere. Anyone have a wiring diagram for this model?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car was running close to hot while in traffic. AC only cooled when driving. Neither fan operated with ignition on and AC selected. I ran the wires and it was a double fan failure. Parts ordered. It just seemed unusual to have both fans inoperative. I imagine one fan failed and it was still able to provide minimum cooling. It's not like these things take a lot to cool down. Once the second fan quit, the small temp rise became more noticeable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have a copy of that wiring schematic for the fans, I'd like to ponder over it for future reference.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Man, I’m sorry I left you hanging. I got really busy and forgot. I may have already uploaded some. I’ll check and link the thread if so. Otherwise I’ll upload it when I get a chance.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
The car was running close to hot while in traffic. AC only cooled when driving. Neither fan operated with ignition on and AC selected. I ran the wires and it was a double fan failure. Parts ordered. It just seemed unusual to have both fans inoperative. I imagine one fan failed and it was still able to provide minimum cooling. It's not like these things take a lot to cool down. Once the second fan quit, the small temp rise became more noticeable.
Similar to posts that state that both brake lights stopped working at the same time. :D
Or, both headlights failed at the same time. How? Why?
In actuality, one failed previously and wasn't noticed until BOTH failed.
Good job troubleshooting!! :D
Buffalo4

·
Registered
895 Posts
Fan.png

Here it is. Sorry I forgot yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts