Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wrote this big long explanation about our rear door light would flash on and off each time we hit a bump, BEFORE I did a search on this forum. Several people have complained about the same problem and suggested a very simple solution of using electrical tape to hold a piece of rubber on the plastic switch bar to hold it further away and more tightly. I did this repair in about 37 seconds and will wait to see if it works.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I wrote this big long explanation about our rear door light would flash on and off each time we hit a bump, BEFORE I did a search on this forum. Several people have complained about the same problem and suggested a very simple solution of using electrical tape to hold a piece of rubber on the plastic switch bar to hold it further away and more tightly. I did this repair in about 37 seconds and will wait to see if it works.
Welcome to the forum! :)

Yes, it is an easy fix. The real fix can (and should be) done by the dealer, under warranty for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an '06 with about 15K miles on it. I've been having this problem since it had about 9-10K miles on it back in the beginning of June.

I made an appmnt with the dealer to take care of my rear diff moan that started a few weeks ago, and naturally, about 8 days before my appmnt, the rear hatch light problem stopped. Maybe it has something to do with it going from fairly warm weather to slightly chilly in a matter of a few days.

Anyways, dealer says he adjusted the latch, so we'll see how it goes...

·
Registered
1 Posts
muliple problems cause this

1. Check the door for slop. With it closed push on the door and see if it has some give. If so..
1a The latch hardware on the door itself can be loose.
1b The loop that the latch grabs on can be pushed back toward the front of the car a little and tightened. I used one screw driver to push and hold it while snugging up the screws with another. As stated earlier a little lock tight on all of the hardware will help in the long run.

2. Even if every thing is perfect the door just barely pushes on that switch a few wraps of electrial tape acts as a good shim.

I started with the tape at 12k miles and by 40k had to do all of the above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been driving around for over a year with my #9 fuse out because it was draining my battery. I had no radio, clock, door locks and trip milage until I read this. My mechanic could not figure out what was wrong and I didnt want to take it to the dealer.
I tried adjusting the latch and put the fuse back in and everything is working fine for the last 3 days. Thank You.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts