Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a 2006 CRV diesel with 65K on the clock last May from a reputable second hand dealer.

It was emitting a lot of black smoke even under moderate load and I suspected faulty injectors. I joined the CRV owners site and learned this was and issue with similar aged models.

I took the car back to the garage and they replaced two injectors and renovated the other two under a 3 month warranty.

They had the car for a whole month, they said they had great difficulty removing the injectors. They gave me a courtesy car in the meantime though.

When they returned the car to me, the black smoking problem was solved but I am getting a ticking noise from the engine under load which I think was there before the injectors were replaced.

A friend of mine who experienced the noise in my car rang me this afternoon concerned because he had spoken to a local MOT garage about it and they said this ticking could be due to injectors.

In response to this I asked a friend who has a 2006 CRV diesel if he would give me a ride in his to compare it and there is no noticeable similar ticking on his car.

It sounds more like a camshaft tick to me but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

Would appreciate any advice please

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry Otto for delay in reply been away from PC.

I do not know if 'valve lash' has been adjusted Otto. Th car was supposed to have had a service when I bought it, but I have my suspicions that this was not done well.

By 'valve lash' , do you mean tappet adjustment on cam shaft?

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts