Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own a 2006 Honda CRV. Went to the store this morning, no problems, driving fine as usual. But when I went to go get my meds I’m getting nothing. When I turn the key, no click, crank, no anything. Only thing that happens is the “brake” light comes on. Looked online and couldn’t fine anythign similar. Not an expert on cars but if I had to guess Alternator/Starter? Battery was replaced 3-4 months ago so I doubt it would be that. Just wanted to se other people’s opinions on what it is, if you need more info lmk. Thank you!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,550 Posts
Some batteries have terminals that are too small for the Honda clamps.

If you can twist the terminals without loosening, you probably need battery shims (only a few bux at auto parts stores).

+++++++++++++++++

Another possibility is a bad starter. To test, open the hood and whack it with a board or something. If it starts then, start saving your pennies. 😕

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some batteries have terminals that are too small for the Honda clamps.

If you can twist the terminals without loosening, you probably need battery shims (only a few bux at auto parts stores).

+++++++++++++++++

Another possibility is a bad starter. To test, open the hood and whack it with a board or something. If it starts then, start saving your pennies. 😕
I’ve been using the same battery for months, but I’ll check that. Your the second person to say walk the starter, but from what I can tell the starter is in the middle of the engine? So do I have to take all the parts off to get to it and hit it?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
9,550 Posts
You SHOULD be able to put a stick down near the throttle body onto the starter (front of engine near bell housing), then give it a smart TWHACK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts