Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a small problem. Intermittently my cluster will light up with "Side airbag off". With the car running I can sit in the passenger seat and the light will turn off and stay off for a day or two. I live in the southeast where it is really humid, light comes on on mostly rainy days. Which sensor in the passenger seat controls the "side airbag" light? Seat weight sensor, Seat position sensor, or something else? Thanks

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Got a small problem. Intermittently my cluster will light up with "Side airbag off". With the car running I can sit in the passenger seat and the light will turn off and stay off for a day or two. I live in the southeast where it is really humid, light comes on on mostly rainy days. Which sensor in the passenger seat controls the "side airbag" light? Seat weight sensor, Seat position sensor, or something else? Thanks
Children under 65 pounds can be killed by the airbag so the Seat Weight Sensor is to detect something in the passenger seat weighing less than 65 pounds so it can turn the air bag off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its not the passenger air bag light located below the stereo. Its the Side air bag off light on the dash cluster. Passenger air bag off light is working correctly.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Its not the passenger air bag light located below the stereo. Its the Side air bag off light on the dash cluster. Passenger air bag off light is working correctly.
Oops! My apology for missing the point. I have no clue what is happening. I wonder if the Owner's Manual may give a hint from it's description of how the airbags work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts