Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be looking at a 2006 CRV with 207,000 miles and an O2 sensor that needs replacing. The body looks great in the pics and the guy seems very up front about answering every question I've had. It is priced at $2000 firm.
Just wondering would this be a good 1st car for my 16 year old? I know its high in miles but she will mainly be driving in town. Am I looking at a fair deal or not? It doesn't need to last her forever but at least a few years.
Thanks.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
What Rac meant was: Are there records of ALL recommended maintenance performed (not just oil changes)?

On a 2006, should be 2 coolant changes, 2 valve adjustments, 4 brake fluid flushes, 6 ATF drains (and diff fluid too, if AWD)

Engine and cabin filters are a visual check. Struts & suspension should pass a 'bounce test' without clunking.

Verification that the P0420 is the only CEL.

++++++++

That said, if half the maintenance was done and oil changes were OK and the engine does not burn oil, it's a good car for a new driver.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
have someone that truly knows about cars (mechanic is best) and have them check it.

The sensor he has to be upfront because of the check engine light (which I would have that checked to make sure)

Need to check brakes and all that too. Thing like pulling oil cap and shining a flashlight in to make sure there is no build up and so on.

$2000 isnt bad at all, I bought mine with 206k on it a year ago, has 221k now. Will drive it anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
a lot of larger items start to need replacing after 150k miles. then there is rust. i would look it over very carefully, examine all records, take it for a long and varied test drive. if still interested, invest $100 and bring to Honda for a pre-purchase inspection. ask to see it up on the lift, and ask to speak to the mechanic who looks it before it is driven out of the shop. good luck!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
a lot of larger items start to need replacing after 150k miles. then there is rust. i would look it over very carefully, examine all records, take it for a long and varied test drive. if still interested, invest $100 and bring to Honda for a pre-purchase inspection. ask to see it up on the lift, and ask to speak to the mechanic who looks it before it is driven out of the shop. good luck!
it's a $2000 vehicle, not going to get something that's like brand new. CRVs that perfect with those miles go for twice that.

And there is no need to replace anything. Unless it's going bad you dont replace it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts