Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am in the hunt for a gen 2 and am wondering if a well maintained crv with new tires, serpentine belt, brakes and rotors for 6700$ is a good deal?

He said he would be able to lower by a few hundred dollars but this is on the high end of KBB 4800-6800.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Not a good deal if they are trying to get top dollar. Unless it's near the bottom range it's not a good "deal".

Now is NOT the time to try and find a good deal. Its tax season and people are going to demand top dollar for everything.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your input. Checked out a 06 se and 04 ex and both had bad mounts, bushings, leaking oil, needed valve adjustment and they were still asking over 4,000$. Crazy!

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX-L
164 Posts
Check out CarGurus to get a better idea of what vehicles are being list for in your area. This will provide a snapshot of the vehicles available in your specific region.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Depends where you are. Here, that would not be a great deal, unless the car is in extremely pristine condition. If you are looking for a manual transmission and it has one, then maybe, if it is very, very nice. Get a Carfax and see any maintenance records and the history. If the seller doesn't want to provide one, tell him that if you buy it you'll pay for the Carfax. It's $40, and is money well spent, as it will give you the entire history of the car. If all that works out well and you really want it, offer him a thousand less and go from there. Just remember that there are lots of CR-Vs out there, and you do have the option to keep looking.

·
Registered
983 Posts
It's a regional thing...here in the mountains of Montana where land and houses are expensive that car would pull in $9,000.

Sold a '04 with 110K a few years back, some scratches inside and out (NOT pristine in any way) for $10,000 to the first caller with no haggling.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for your input. Checked out a 06 se and 04 ex and both had bad mounts, bushings, leaking oil, needed valve adjustment and they were still asking over 4,000$. Crazy!
i'm lookin for another CRV too, just lost an '06. what mounts and bushings are you referring to though; are they common failures on these crvs? I knew about the valve adjustment, but never read anything about prone mounts or bushings...

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
it's not anything prone to happening and probably not even as bad as this guy was saying.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm talking about the engine mounts on the right side, Theres another mount in the front of the engine, one in the rear. Also check the rubber bushings that are part of the compliance arms I saw 3 Vs and all of them needed these fixed.

And I finally bought an 04 V on tuesday!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Well I can guarantee that stuff didn't need repaired or replaced. I'm assuming you saying "compliance arms" you mean control arms which are for the suspension and chances of them being bad on all of them (or even one of them) is slim to none especially at that mileage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts