Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Bit of an odd one I think. I unlock the doors centrally, all the 4 "stubby" things pop up ok. Passenger goes to open front passenger door and as they pull the door handle, the stubby thing drops and the door is locked again. To remedy this driver then has to manually lift the stubby thing or press the door unlock on the key fob for a second time. Any ideas ? I hope I haven't baffled anyone with my very precise technical description re the stubby thing :rolleyes: Thanking anyone who can help, in advance.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi. Bit of an odd one I think. I unlock the doors centrally, all the 4 "stubby" things pop up ok. Passenger goes to open front passenger door and as they pull the door handle, the stubby thing drops and the door is locked again. To remedy this driver then has to manually lift the stubby thing or press the door unlock on the key fob for a second time. Any ideas ? I hope I haven't baffled anyone with my very precise technical description re the stubby thing :rolleyes: Thanking anyone who can help, in advance.
Hello jon5bellies. So it's just the passenger door lock drops, correct? If this is so, perhaps the actuator needs to be replaced. Or before spending, check and see if there's anything loose, nuts or bolts connecting to it. That's the only thing i can think of. Good luck

BiGDaddY

·
Registered
252 Posts
We have an '09 with a similar issue - if the passenger attempts to open the door before it has been unlocked, the mechanism "jams" and the door must be opened from the outside, even if the electric latch is cycled or the manual "stubby" knob is pulled open. Anyway, I seem to recall publicized passenger door lock issues in models manufactured around those years; there was a recall for the door locks in '07-'09 models and they extended the warranty to 11/1/15. Perhaps your '06 got caught in the mix?

Honda has issued two Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) and granted a warranty extension to address faulty door locks on its popular CR-V SUV.

The TSBs cover vehicles built during the 2007-09 model years whose doors cycle between unlocked and locked—or are impossible to unlock at all—when the driver tries to unlock the car.

Honda has agreed to replace the lock actuators and related parts in all four passenger doors, at no cost to owners. The automaker will also extend the warranty for the related parts to six years or November 1, 2015, whichever is later. The extension does not apply to vehicles that have been declared a total loss or have salvage titles due to previous damage. Honda has instructed retailers to update models in their used-car inventory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts