Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use the cigarette lighter to charge my phone and it recently stopped working all of a sudden. I checked the interior fuse box for number 8 (accessory, radio) and number 18 (Front Accessory Power Socket) and both fuses look fine. Everything else in the car works and i hope im checking the right fuses but are there any suggestions please or can someone tell me the correct fuse i should be looking at. Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 3 different car chargers and they light up or at least show up on the phone as charging when in use. It doesn't do that at all now

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Find the same amperage fuse in another slot and switch them. See if the problem follows.
Fuse #17 is for the fuel pump and it is also a 15 amp fuse. If you switch the two fuses and the car runs, then that fuse #18 was good. :) If the CRV won't run 'after' the switch, then that fuse was bad. :)
Sometimes blown fuses do NOT look blown.
Look up on how to remove that lighter socket and see if one of the wires came off.
Find an electrical diagram on how that socket is powered.
Perhaps plugging and un-pluggng different plugs into that socket, caused the socket to fail?
Buffalo4

·
Registered
772 Posts
I use the cigarette lighter to charge my phone and it recently stopped working all of a sudden. I checked the interior fuse box for number 8 (accessory, radio) and number 18 (Front Accessory Power Socket) and both fuses look fine. Everything else in the car works and i hope im checking the right fuses but are there any suggestions please or can someone tell me the correct fuse i should be looking at. Thank you in advance :)
Not exactly sure about your model, but the power to my lighter socket is controlled by the ignition switch, and my V is all original. KEY OFF, NO POWER. Check yours, should be the same, it's a safety item, good luck.
David g. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts