Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a message saying that my post had been moved.....not sure why, so I am reposting.

We are replacing the compressor, condenser, condenser fan, evaporator, expansion valve and hoses on the vehicle. Can anyone point me to directions on accessing the evaporator/expansion valve? Can I get to them by taking out the glovebox and blower assembly?

thanks!
Dale

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2006 CRV EX AC oil amounts

Thanks for the two replies - very helpful.
Does anyone know the amount of oil that I need to add to each of the a/c components that I am replacing?
evalporator
condenser
compressor

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
'08 CRV EX, White. '19 Pilot EX-L, MSM. '07 Sonata, stick shift, 220k and counting, '10 Kia Forte
96 Posts
2006 CRV EX AC oil amounts

Thanks for the two replies - very helpful.
Does anyone know the amount of oil that I need to add to each of the a/c components that I am replacing?
evalporator
condenser
compressor

thanks in advance.
If you didn't do it yet. I followed this guide with pictures that was very helpful. http://www.classiccarsandtools.com/2014/07/31/2002-honda-crv-evaporatorexpansion-valve-installation/

My friend (VW Mechanic) said not to add any oil to any parts. The new compressor has all you need. He has done MANY VW ones the same way.

Also know that you really need to remove all hard lines and clean them out. I had LOTS of shiny metal bits and grey mess inside mine. Those metal bits will destroy the new compressor at some point, trust me after I only got 4 months out of replacement compressor. I didn't change the evaporator ot expansion valve the first time but it had a new condensor. I used some brake cleaner, heavy duty shop towels, weed trimmer line and made a bore snake. The junk that came out was nasty. new rag, both directions, 2-3 times until clean. If/when it gets stuck quick shot of air from blow gun nozzle from compressor shoots it right out. I also added the De-slugger which cycles the compressor when it first turns on. Some said part of the failure is from the PAG oil draining and Hydrolock. DE-slugger pulses before clutch lock up to help get some out not under full load. Working well so far.

I got all the parts from Rock Auto.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts