Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I paid for the $10 one day subscription to Honda TechInfo / Service Express. To my disappointment, it seems they have made it so you can't download the pages as PDF documents for the 2006. For the 2004, I noticed that it does allow you to save as a PDF, but the 2006 only can be saved as a webpage, which when clicked after saving doesn't open up anything useful. I would just save some 2004 pages, but despite being the same generation, it doesn't always have the exact same parts/procedures, so the 2004 won't help. For example, the ABS modulator connector ports are quite different between the 2004 and 2006, so I assume that lots of things are different.

Outside of capturing an image and saving that onto a document, is there anything I'm doing wrong or is it that they have made it harder to copy the files starting with the 2005/2006?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
For an '06? Why don't you just go to eBay and buy a full manual on disc (pdf form) for cheap. I paid $45 for mine - 3,200+ pages of goodness.

Reactions: Litzenbaum

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, will check it out. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! I just checked, and after paying for this CD which is already being shipped to me, I notice that now the price just went up by $20 more than what I paid, so I guess I got a good deal!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Nah, they vary the price up and down constantly - I've learned that by watching them over time. I've seen mine go for ten bucks cheaper to ten higher. I think they just do that to make more money..They will also frequently say last one, then next day have ten more.

·
Registered
2006 CR-V LX
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the new one with the $20 higher price also said "last one", which I didn't believe. I'm just glad I paid the lower price.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CRV EX 2.4l AT
413 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
2003 Honda CRV EX 2.4l AT
413 Posts
Anyone try these for manuals?

I just looked at your link, for the crv it seems that they have gen 1 and gen 2(up to 2002).

after looking at a few pages, so far, it looks identical to the original helms factory service manual. Like they turned it into a electronic file. The only difficult thing is trying to wade through the billions ads on the webpages.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I just looked at your link, for the crv it seems that they have gen 1 and gen 2(up to 2002).

after looking at a few pages, so far, it looks identical to the original helms factory service manual. Like they turned it into a electronic file. The only difficult thing is trying to wade through the billions ads on the webpages.
I seemed to be able to pick different chapters of the manual in PDF format. Then you could save them or print them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts