Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

2006 Honda TechInfo / Service Express subscription use question

1239 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Theman5
I paid for the $10 one day subscription to Honda TechInfo / Service Express. To my disappointment, it seems they have made it so you can't download the pages as PDF documents for the 2006. For the 2004, I noticed that it does allow you to save as a PDF, but the 2006 only can be saved as a webpage, which when clicked after saving doesn't open up anything useful. I would just save some 2004 pages, but despite being the same generation, it doesn't always have the exact same parts/procedures, so the 2004 won't help. For example, the ABS modulator connector ports are quite different between the 2004 and 2006, so I assume that lots of things are different.

Outside of capturing an image and saving that onto a document, is there anything I'm doing wrong or is it that they have made it harder to copy the files starting with the 2005/2006?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2006 CR-V LX
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! I just checked, and after paying for this CD which is already being shipped to me, I notice that now the price just went up by $20 more than what I paid, so I guess I got a good deal!

· Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,217 Posts
Nah, they vary the price up and down constantly - I've learned that by watching them over time. I've seen mine go for ten bucks cheaper to ten higher. I think they just do that to make more money..They will also frequently say last one, then next day have ten more.

· Registered
2006 CR-V LX
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, the new one with the $20 higher price also said "last one", which I didn't believe. I'm just glad I paid the lower price.

· Registered
03 CRV
1,021 Posts
Anyone try these for manuals?

I just looked at your link, for the crv it seems that they have gen 1 and gen 2(up to 2002).

after looking at a few pages, so far, it looks identical to the original helms factory service manual. Like they turned it into a electronic file. The only difficult thing is trying to wade through the billions ads on the webpages.

· Registered
986 Posts
I just looked at your link, for the crv it seems that they have gen 1 and gen 2(up to 2002).

after looking at a few pages, so far, it looks identical to the original helms factory service manual. Like they turned it into a electronic file. The only difficult thing is trying to wade through the billions ads on the webpages.
I seemed to be able to pick different chapters of the manual in PDF format. Then you could save them or print them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.