Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post ! I recently purchased a 2006 SE 4wd with 130,000 miles. I have a switch
that is obviously aftermarket but I'm hoping someone will recognize it. I took a peek behind
the panel and there is red and blue wire heading toward the center console. I've tried
each position on the switch with no effect. The car is 100% stock, factory stereo and no
accessories that I can find.

I have a new stereo on the way from Crutchfield so perhaps I'll solve it on my own in a few days.
I also ordered the replacement lights for the HVAC controls because my left two dial are dark at night.
I'm not sure if the transmission gear indicator has a light other than on the speedo. The same is true
for the odometer and trip meter, dark at night.

My first Honda, it's a solid piece of equipment made in Japan.

Thanks,

RJ

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
390 Posts
Does your car have aftermarket fog lights that might control? If not, can you start the car with that switch in any position? It might be a kill switch.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,775 Posts
Wow, does your Gen2 have heated seats? Jealous. o_O 🧡

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Replaced the stereo today, found a Blitz Safe advanced technology box. Looks like the factory radio was put back in.

Attachments

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,775 Posts
Any clues as to the purpose of that switch? :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still waiting on Garmin dash cam wiring harness before I pull the dash apart.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still waiting on Garmin dash cam wiring harness before I pull the dash apart.
The mystery switch has been solved. After digging around in the dash I found another "brick" the switch was attached to that changes RCA inputs.
Finally all the old stuff is removed.

·
Registered
2020 Honda CR-V Touring FWD
125 Posts
Aah, For those that remember Paul Harvey it's always nice to hear "the rest of the story".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts