Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there , having recently purchased a 2006 I-CTDI model ( 2.2 ) , I decided to renew the oil filter , when giving it an oil change , but found that the replacement filter is a couple of inches shorter than the original , will this work , or is it the wrong filter element for this vehicle ?
Thanks for your help .....

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
where did you buy the replacement filter? It's better to get the bigger filter for the right application as if it's bigger it'll have a bigger surface area of filtering.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,963 Posts
The smaller replacement filter will work, other things being equal (thread and gasket dimensions, and pressure bypass specs). It just wouldn't be effective as long as a bigger filter.

This may or may not be an issue (we don't have diesel engines in North America). For gasoline (petrol) engines, Honda recommends changing the filter every other oil change (tho' most of us do it every time).

Some members here @Buffalo4 say that replacement filters protect better initially because they are not specified to last 15K - 20K miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there , having recently purchased a 2006 I-CTDI model ( 2.2 ) , I decided to renew the oil filter , when giving it an oil change , but found that the replacement filter is a couple of inches shorter than the original , will this work , or is it the wrong filter element for this vehicle ?
Thanks for your help .....
Thanks for your help folks , I bought the filter on line , but next time I will make sure that I get the bigger version , and have a better efficiency .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts