Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just noticed tonight. thing runs and idles fine. only when COLD, come off idle (such as a stop light) and it seemed like the around 1000-2000 range it "surged", as if you rammed the gas and let off multiple times. not crazy noticeable and jerking the car all over, very subtle. little higher rpm and all seemed ok, once car warmed up all was fine. still runs just fine and winds out rpm if you get after it, not sluggish or hesitant by any means. no CEL on

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
Checked the accelerator cable for excess slack?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not. there's adjustment for this?! I thought it was all drive by wire, electronic throttle control on the throttle body, and a sensor off the throttle pedal?!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,789 Posts
The '05 & '06 were 'converted' to TBW. So, the gas pedal is connected via a cable to a throttle body sensor near the RH firewall.

You need a little slack, but I tightened mine up within months after buying my car (new).

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The '05 & '06 were 'converted' to TBW. So, the gas pedal is connected via a cable to a throttle body sensor near the RH firewall.

You need a little slack, but I tightened mine up within months after buying my car (new).

found it, 9/16-11/16 the book said. checked mine, MAYBE a tad loose but nothing crazy in my opinion. tightened it up anyways so pushing all the way down (without getting too aggressive) is "0", and moving it up to it's highest point is about 9/16 now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
didn't seem to have much effect doing this. I hooked up my scanner and wanna compare if anyone else has access to one. KOEO the throttle is at TPS is at 18%, KOEO *** is at 79%. seems to me my TPS is garbage, but wanted to check with others and see ur opinions....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts